What an amazing six months since our last blog post. Most of the updates happen on Facebook and CaringBridge but given some exciting news we wanted to share a few updates:
1. Logan and his bro Owen are officially high schoolers. Freshman. It's a little surreal but they are loving it.
2. Our summer was pretty awesome. We moved to a great new house
3. Logan stayed relatively healthy. He had his first annual Cath which led doctors to insert both a right pulmonary and right coronary stent to help his blood pressure and to prevent addl narrowing. Total success but unexpected bleeding resulted in and emergency endoscopy. He was miraculously in and out of the hospital in 36 hours.
4. His EBV level is finally getting under control with a drug called Rituximab, which is an infusion drive given over 4-6 hours. His fourth and final dose will happen this Friday and hopefully we will get the number back to zero from nearly 1.5 million. This will also hopefully rid of the suspected PTLD.
5. We were able to do a few things with Logan Loves this summer, including have they boys birthday party be an opportunity for donations. His friends were so thoughtful! And we were able to bring some things to one of Logan's pals in the hospital to "bring her joy and healing." It was awesome and we need to do more!
6. The exciting and timely news is that a benefit concert will be happening Sept 17 for Logan Loves! It's a concert led by my dear friend dating back to elementary school Natalie. She and her violin students will be playing a myriad of music from old to new on a perfect Sunday afternoon. Details are here and we'd welcome anyone to come and join us! So many thanks to Natalie and her team for bringing this to life. Just think of what we will be able to do!